“Journaling helps you to remember how strong you truly are within yourself.”
Journaling is such a powerful practice. It not only helps us have better days, journaling helps us to become happier people, so we can have a better life.
We’ve all heard the news through the years that putting our thoughts onto paper is good for us. Study after study show that writing can reduce stress, help us focus better, increase our memory, make us more grateful, improve our sense of wellbeing, and help us sleep better – among other things.
Now research documented by the American Psychological Association here is even showing that writing about our emotions can strengthen our immune system.
To me, journaling is an amazing self-awareness tool that, among other things, can help you see where you are and what’s really going on inside of you. And it can help you see more clearly where you want to go and who you want to become.
The phrase ‘who you want to become’ might sound funny. Like, ‘why should I try and become anyone other than who I already am’?
But, it’s not about not accepting who we are. It’s about growing as a person. We’re all meant to grow and evolve.
Many of us are stuck in worries, fears, and insecurities everyday. The thing is so many of us have the mistaken belief that this is just how life is meant to be.
But, it doesn’t have to be this way. A person can uncover their true self underneath all of the negative, intrusive thoughts and false beliefs that have taken over. And journaling can help.
The best way to get all of the benefits out of journaling is to journal every day for just a few minutes. This is defintiely a new habit that’s worth getting used to.
I have a little secret to journaling, though, that I’ll share with you now. I know we talked above about how powerful writing is. But, sometimes it feels like we just can’t squeeze another thing in.
The second best thing to actually writing in your journal is just reading the prompts and answering them in your head. So on the days you’re just too busy to sit down and write in it, have your journal handy to read and think about what you’d write in it.
Take your journal out when you’re sitting with your kids having breakfast, for instance. Or when you’re stealing a few sips of coffee.
Taking your journal out everyday this way is definitely better than having it tucked away and only taking it out when you feel like you the have time to actually write in it.
Because what we do every day is what’s most important. Our little daily habits are creating the quality of our lives.
Blank journals are great. You can read my other articles on journaling that have tons of journaling prompts and ideas for what to write in yours.
The other type of journals that work really well are guided journals with prompts included in them. I’ve found 10 of them below.
This article contains affiliate links which means if you purchase a product, I may receive a commission at no cost to you. You can read my disclosure here. Thanks.”
Here are 10 Journals for a Positive Mindset:
1. Soul Therapy
Soul Therapy is a daily, guided journal designed to aid you in self exploration, healing, and reflection. Featuring 365 days of thought provoking prompts, inspiring quotes, open-ended questions, daily practices, and motivational soul food with room for writing, this journal is the ultimate tool for personal growth.
Featured on the “Best Guided Journals” list, this journal will help you slow down, reflect and enjoy your life from a new perspective. You will learn about yourself, self reflect on what’s important to you and gain awareness on a deeper level.
This guided journal will help you:
• Create the ultimate positive habit to add into your daily routine.
• Allow for daily reflection, which will help you stay grounded, present, and in touch with yourself.
• Help you heal on many levels, as writing helps release stress, anxiety, and disturbances in daily life.
• Accelerate your ability to accomplish your goals.
• Guide you in getting to know and understand yourself on a deeper level.
This journal has been designed to be a safe space for you, where you can grow into the best version of yourself. When done effectively, it will change everything in your life for the better.
By the end of the 365 days, you will know yourself on a profound and deep level.
2. No Worries
No Worries is a 12-week anxiety and self care journal that will help you process what’s on your mind and gently re-frame your thoughts, so you can manage your worries before they start to spiral out of control. It was designed to meet you where you are now and guide you toward developing a practice of taking a few minutes each day to reflect on your thoughts, identify the sources of your anxiety, get in the habit of positive thinking, and prioritize your overall wellness and mental health.
No Worries includes:
- Daily Journaling Pages: Space to check in on your mood, reflect on your thoughts and anxiety triggers, practice daily gratitude, and honor any positive thoughts or moments from your day.
- Self-Care Ideas: Suggestions for simple ways to take care of yourself and start to feel better.
- Emotional Support Cheat Sheet: Write down who you love, what you value, things you enjoy, and favorite quotes for whenever life feels uncertain
- Mindfulness Matters: Tips for finding a few minutes of peace and quiet each day.
- Fear-Setting Exercises: Manage your biggest worries and shift your perspective so you can stop stressing and take meaningful action.
- Habit Trackers: A page to help you remember to prioritize self-care and the habits that are important to you each week.
- Therapy Reflections: Reflect on your sessions (if you are seeing a therapist or counselor) and record what you learned and how it made you feel.
- Monthly Progress: Pages for you to look back on your month overall and check in on your satisfaction in different areas of your life.
3. You Are That Girl
You Are That Girl is a 21 day guided workbook designed to help you uplevel your confidence, self love and happiness.
Featuring 21 daily lessons to improve your confidence, you’ll learn how to develop genuine self love + confidence with this step by step guide.
Aside from daily lessons, each day in this workbook also includes questions and exercises to help you apply the material. The lessons build upon one another and are designed in a specific order.
After the 21 days, you’ll feel like a new woman. Society wants you to think that being confident is difficult work, but it’s not! The truth is that confidence is a skill you can learn today. This workbook is your key to unlocking your natural confidence and becoming the woman you are meant to be. Confidence makes you the best you can be. Uplevel your life with this simple, transformative and exciting workbook.
4. True You: A Self-Discovery Journal
True You: A Self-Discovery Journal of Prompts and Exercises to Inspire Reflection and Growth
An inspirational journal to guide you on your journey of self discovery
Empower yourself to discover who you are and what you desire out of life. This beautifully illustrated self discovery journal combines thought-provoking journaling prompts and creative exercises to help you gain meaningful introspection and unlock your potential.
Through writing prompts for adults, you’ll explore your identity and emotions; examine your relationships; define your values, passions, and dreams; and embrace your life purpose.
This self discovery journal will help you reflect and grow into the true you, with:
- Inspirational quotes―Find motivation through moving quotes by a wide range of women, and insightful prompts and practices.
- Perspective-changing prompts―Learn how to leave limiting beliefs behind, and journal your way to a fresh perspective of what brings you joy and what you’re capable of achieving.
- Creative exercises―Determine aspects of your identity that resonate most and learn to celebrate them.
5. Good Days Start With Gratitude
Good Days Start With Gratitude is a 52 week guide to cultivate an attitude of gratitude! It is a self exploration journal designed to focus on being thankful for what we have, the big things in life, as well as the simple joys.
Each well designed weekly spread contains an inspirational quote, space to write 3 things you are thankful for each day of the week, and a weekly checkpoint. If you start each day by writing down three things you are thankful for – a good cup of coffee, the smell of rain, starting a good book – you begin each day on the right note. Do it daily and make it a habit to focus on the blessings you have been given!
Grab a copy for a friend and share the journey together!
6. Present Not Perfect
Present, Not Perfect is a beautifully illustrated guided journal that helps women slow down and enjoy life rather than pushing for perfection.
Most women today are frantic, lost in an endless cycle of busyness caused by constant pressure to perform up to unrealistic expectations of perfection, many of which are self-imposed. This journal cuts to the heart of the problem by showing women how to reconnect with their inner selves through solitude, introspection, and contemplation of what’s truly important to them as individuals and family members. Give yourself permission to be Present, Not Perfect.
7. Feeling Great
Feeling Great: The Revolutionary New Treatment for Depression and Anxiety
From the author who has sold more than 5 million copies of Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy comes a new and revolutionary high-speed treatment for depression and anxiety.
Feeling Great is based on 40 years of research and more than 40,000 hours treating individuals with severe mood problems. The goal is not just a rapid and complete elimination of negative feelings but the development of joy and enlightenment.
Dr. David Burns reveals that our negative moods do not result from what’s wrong with us, but rather–what’s right with us. And when you listen and suddenly hear what your negative thoughts and feelings are trying to tell you, suddenly you won’t need them anymore, and recovery will be just a stone’s throw away.
Dr. Burns will provide you with inspiring and mind-blowing case studies along with more than 50 amazing tools to crush the negative thoughts that rob you of happiness and self-esteem.
8. The Self Love Workbook
The Self-Love Workbook: A Life-Changing Guide to Boost Self-Esteem, Recognize Your Worth and Find Genuine Happiness
You need love from yourself as much as from others. When you have low self-esteem, low confidence or even self-hatred, it’s impossible to live life to the fullest. It’s time to build your self-love and transform your attitude, emotions and overall outlook on life!
This helpful workbook allows you to become aware of your own unique needs and goals while discovering how to better accept and love your true self. It includes a variety of constructive and actionable tips, tricks and exercises, including:
• Interactive Activities
Explore a variety of fun and creative ways to love yourself
• Reflection Prompts
Unpack your experiences and connect them to new lessons
• Helpful Advice
Deepen your understanding of self-love and utilize it in the real world
Self love allows you not only to see your true self, but to truly accept who you are wholeheartedly. With this acceptance comes the freedom and confidence to live your life to its fullest. It’s time to conquer self-doubt and self-sabotage. It’s time to love yourself!
9. The Five-Minute Journal
The Five Minute Journal: A Happier You in 5 Minutes a Day
All The Features of The Five Minute Journal:
- THE SIMPLEST WAY TO START YOUR DAY HAPPY – Using the science of positive psychology to improve happiness.
- THE UNDATED DAILY LAYOUT: A structured format to boost your happiness in 5 minutes a day with thoughtfully designed prompts that include: gratitude, prioritizing your day, 3 amazing things, inspiring quotes, daily affirmation, end of day self reflection.
- THE POWER OF KEEPING A GRATITUDE JOURNAL: The Five Minute Journal is created with leading psychology research. Feel higher levels of positive emotion, more joy, optimism & happiness; feel less anxiety, loneliness, and isolation.
- HOW IT WORKS: The Five Minute Journal is broken up into two sections: a morning routine section and a night routine section. The journal’s format provides inspiration and motivation throughout the day and can help to improve mental health.
- GREAT VALUE: The Five Minute Journal lasts for 6 months of daily journaling. This is the simplest thing you can do to start your day happy, the journal you will actually stick with you week after week.
10. This Year I Will…
This Year I Will…: A 52-Week Guided Journal to Achieve Your Goals
From dreaming to achieving!
No matter what you’re looking to accomplish, this is the year to do it. Whether it’s losing weight, exercising more, or finishing that passion project, This Year I Will… is the guided journal that offers the tools and support you need to finally do the things you keep promising yourself you will.
Over the course of 52 weeks, this guided journal will help you hone in on what you want to achieve, set realistic goals, and track your progress toward success with a variety of prompts and mental exercises. Discover how self-reflective writing can help you find clarity, as well as identify and overcome the obstacles in your way.
This guided journal will help you:
- Grow with intention―Get the guided journal that helps you turn your goals into reality with in-depth prompts that help you center yourself and make progress every week.
- Track your progress―Regular check-ins show you how far you’ve come in the past week, month, or more―this guided journal makes it easy.
- Practice gratitude―Find motivation and stay inspired by remembering to celebrate your wins, and be thankful for the good things you’ve done.
The things you really want to achieve in life are within reach: let this guided journal give you a helping hand making the climb!
Thank you for reading!
If you’d like to get my newsletter, just click here.