“As you sow in your subconscious mind, so shall you reap in your body and environment.”
Are you wondering how to become less stressed and worried? How to become a happier, more at peace person?
Then the best thing you can do for yourself is to start changing your programming stored deep inside your subconscious mind.
This might sound daunting. Like where do you even begin? But, it’s actually really basic.
You might be under the misconception that dealing with our psychology is serious, complicated business. It’s so not.
Our programming is so basic and the innate tools we all have that allow us to reach in and replace what hasn’t been working for us are so simple – even kids can learn this stuff.
That’s what this website is dedicated to showing you. I’ve discovered tons of easy daily practices you can start doing – in fact, you can start ‘sneaking’ them into your days – to help you replace all the things inside that have been blocking your happiness.
Here’s the video that goes along with this article:
I like to say that we learned our abc’s a long time ago in school. The foundation of our language.
It’s time we learned our afv’s – the language of our subconscious mind.
A is for affirmations. Our words are how we translate our thoughts. We have a running commentary going on inside all day long as we interpret the world.
And the simple fact is, if you’re not as happy as you’d like to be, your self talk is negative. Changing the words we speak to ourselves is a life-changing tool.
F is for feelings. We usually think of feelings as just reactions. But, feelings are so much more than this. We are creating our world with our feelings.
As Dr. Joe Dispenza says, “Thoughts are the language of our minds and feelings are the language of our bodies.” Learning to create powerful feelings becomes the energy our new thoughts need.
V is for visualization. Our minds operate in pictures. Think of our self-image, for instance. Also, think of what worry and fear are – scary images playing over and over again in our minds.
Everything we do, from the little insignificant things like making our breakfast to the big things like planning our future goals – all start with images. So, learning to create new images in your mind is so empowering.
And at the core of these three tools is our beliefs deep inside.
They say, “I am. . .” and what follows are the two most important words in the English language.
We operate out of our beliefs – and the tools above, along with others like gratitude, self awareness, self love and the power of repetition – are how we begin reaching in and replacing the negative beliefs.
If you are excited about changing your programming, the ten facts below about your subconscious mind is a great place to start. They’re just a way of showing you how incredibly powerful they are.
In fact, one thing I left out of this list below is the fact that our subconscious mind is actually connected to the one universal mind that we are all a part of.
Ok, this is getting a little too ‘woo woo’. I’ll bring it back down to earth. Here’s the list:
• Our brains are thirty times more powerful than today’s most advanced supercomputers. Isn’t that amazing?
A little side note: Our subconscious mind doesn’t only reside in our brains. It actually resides in every cell of our body. But, unless we want to earn a degree in neuroscience, interchanging terms like our brains and our minds works just fine.
• Our subconscious mind controls 95% of our behavior compared to the 5% our conscious mind controls. This is one of the main reasons why we can’t seem to change that habit that we’ve wanted to for years and years. We know what we’ve got to do on a conscious level, but that’s like throwing a deck chair off the Titanic.
• Our subconscious mind is a million times more powerful than our conscious mind. It can process 40 million bits of data per second compared to the 40 bits of data per second that our conscious mind can process.
• Our subconscious mind is like one huge tape recorder. As infants, we recorded everything we took in as emotions. Then, we added pictures. And then we were able to label those pictures with words.
The thing is that we didn’t record what was actually happening. We recorded what we thought was happening. We still do. (A really important point.)
• Do you notice above how it says babies first process everything as emotions, then pictures, then they add labels (words)? This is so important. These three things are the foundation of how our minds think. It’s so damn simple, yet so many experts leave this out of their advice.
What I mean by this is that you’ll see advice for stress like getting out in nature, taking long relaxing baths, mindfulness. All great in their own way.
But, a person is stressed because of what they are telling themselves about circumstances that are going on in their lives – more than the actual circumstances.
Their beliefs, thoughts, images, feelings and habits of mind are causing the stress in most cases. So, advice that doesn’t show a person how to reach in and change this is lacking, in my opinion. It’s more like teaching people distraction and avoidance.
But, notice how that baby started processing information? This is the language of our subconscious mind. That’s why I created the catchy term afv’s.
• Our subconscious mind can also be likened to a huge sponge absorbing everything in its environment and storing it as our programming. What type of environment is your subconscious mind taking in these days? Is it positive and optimistic? Is it new and evolving?
• It does not reason like our conscious mind does. It never filters anything as good or bad either. It just takes everything in and adds it to the programming.
• It only thinks in the present. There is no past or future to it. This is such a powerful fact we can use to help change our programming.
• It doesn’t know the difference between what is real and what is imagined. Same here – so powerful!
• It’s always running in the background. It never shuts off and it never sleeps.
- It’s always listening. Keep this little fact in mind during the day. Remind yourself that your words and your actions are always creating your programming.
I hope you enjoyed this list. And I hope you are looking forward to digging into your subconscious mind. Just start reading more of the blog posts here on this website and also watching my Youtube videos.
Thanks for reading!
If you’d like to get my newsletter, just click here.