“Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are our own fears.”
We all know how powerful our fears can be at times. And even though if you’re reading my book, Finally Worry Free, you’re working on clearing them out for good, we know that it’s not going to happen overnight.
So while you’re doing the deep work with all the exercises in the book, here are some ways to help diminish stubborn fearful thoughts right in those moments.
Here’s the video:
You’ll notice that all of these practices below have you get creative with your imagination. Because remember, your imagination got you into this trouble with all your fears in the first place. It’s time you started using your imagination to begin clearing them away.
- Imagine your fears are like a speeding freight train. And picture that train rolling right on by you.
- I have a chapter in the book on calming breaths. When anxiety overwhelms you, breathe in strength, newness, or whatever else you need in that moment. Feel those qualities circulating throughout your body. Breathe out those fears.
- Say, “I release you from all the cells in my mind and body and dissolve you for good.” This one is inspired by Deepak Chopra and his amazing lessons on intention.
- Imagine pulling a fear out of your mind like a piece of dust and tossing it into thin air.
- Imagine that fear is getting tinier and you’re getting bigger and stronger.
- Does that fearful thought pop up in front of you? Imagine you have an eraser in your hand and erase it away.
For all of these practices, you might have to repeat them a bunch of times in a short span of time. Even what feels like a hundred times in a few minutes. That’s ok. Just stick with it and eventually these practices will start ‘sticking’. Remember how many thoughts we have a day? Over 60,000. So, it’s a numbers game.
Thanks for reading!
If you’d like to get my newsletter, just click here.