“With the new day comes new strengths and new thoughts.”
In this video, you’ll learn 10 morning habits that can help you overcome anxiety.
Becoming free of incessant worry and anxiety is about changing the negative programming deep inside. And the way to do this is with simple habits that you add into your days.
It doesn’t happen overnight. In fact, it’s a lifelong plan to keep uncovering all the negative stuff that’s been stopping you from living a really happy life.
The best time to do these new practices is first thing in the morning – some of them even before you get out of bed. We get so busy during the day that even with the best intentions, we can easily get thrown off our plans to work on ourselves. But, we all have a few minutes in the morning to ourselves.
In this video, you’ll see that these practices are not time consuming. You might already be doing some of them. A few might seem a little strange – like affirmations and visualization. But, the thing is, if you are stressed out, anxious, and worried, then your self talk and the images in your mind are running negative. So, changing them intentionally is really powerful.
Enjoy the video!
Here are the 10 Best Morning Habits to Overcome Anxiety listed below:
- Praise Yourself! This is so overlooked. Praise yourself when you first wake up (even one little thing) and then often during the day. Tell yourself what you needed to hear as a child.
- Be Grateful. The next thing to do before you even get out of bed is to think of what you’re grateful for.
- Keep Learning. Read, listen to an audiobook, or to a Youtube video on things like gaining confidence and reprogramming your mind – even for just 5 minutes a day. Become an expert at what you want to change or achieve.
- Dig In. The negative beliefs about yourself; the fears and worries; and habits that are at the root of your anxiety – all formed when you were young. Take a minute to remember when and why they were formed. You’re an adult now. Explain to yourself why you don’t need to keep believing them.
- Declare! Come up with your affirmation for the day. Like: “I am worthy!” “I am strong!” Repeat it to yourself often.
- Visualize. Spend a few seconds picturing yourself in a goal. Make sure to picture yourself in that setting as a person free of anxiety.
- Exercise. Even for a few minutes. There’s so much scientific proof that exercising our bodies is just as good for our minds.
- Imagine. In the shower that the soap and water pouring over you are not only cleansing your body, but cleansing and refreshing the negative clutter in your mind.
- Journal. Getting your thoughts out of your head and onto paper is great for overcoming anxiety. Spend a minute while you’re relaxing in between getting yourself and everyone ready for the day to jot a few things down.
- Meditate (sort of!). Find a guided meditation on Youtube to help reprogram your mind. Listen to it while you’re doing busy work. Or while you’re taking a walk, for instance.
Check out my related posts with videos included here:
Thanks for reading and for watching this video!
Feel free to reach out to me with any questions or anything I can help you with.